Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time Flies

I hate to admit that I have spent the past two weeks working on just about everything except for my blog. I have found myself ridiculously busy in this new year, and unable to keep up with all of the changes that life is bringing.I thought that I would at least show a few highlights of what has been happening in the Carman household. On January 8 we celebrated my Husbands birthday, I am constantly amazed that it has been 5 years since we started celebrating birthdays together. It's the little things that make growing old...older so much more special. We celebrated all weekend long. We started our celebratory weekend with a special night out, just the two of us! We went to town center and enjoyed some wonderful food and quality time! After we finished our delicious dinner we rented a blu-ray and spent the rest of our evening snuggling and enjoying the wonders of blu-ray. On Saturday we had a show, at the venue that we started, two of our favorite bands played. And on Sunday we spent the morning at church and had lunch with my parents and grandparents. Then we ventured back to church for Mosaic and ended the night with dinner with friends at Bdubs. I really enjoyed getting to spend such a wonderful weekend with my husband.
Since I last blogged we have hosted 6 shows at our venue which naturally makes us incredibly busy. We and by we I mean me and our friend Matt also spent several days painting the room that we have shows in. This room has always bothered me, I have always felt like a Mexican restaurant threw up in there. And for the entire time we've been involved at our campus ministry I have BEGGED to paint it.
We spent several days giving this huge room two coats of primer AND two coats of paint! We still need to bring in some accessories and pick fabric for new drapes but I could not be happier with how it turned out.
The light gray is the wall that the stage is on, the dark gray is the color of the rest of the walls and the blue is the alcove/back door. Now, that some of the craziness of a new semester is over I am hoping to be blogging more by Monday :] I hope that this year has brought you new memories and projects!

No comments: