Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deck the Halls

 The holiday season is upon us and my news feed is full of pictures of friends decking the halls. I am sad to report that this year our halls will go undecked. I did however want to show how we decked our halls last year! Last year was our first Christmas as a married couple, and the first Christmas that I got to decorate our home :]

Our front door.
This is where we hung our stockings, but I didn't take a picture once they were actually hung.

Ornaments add a little touch of holiday cheer!

True story, this was the second bow I made in my entire life.

Our lovely tree skirt.

Full tree shot!

I may have gone a little crazy and wrapped our presents to match our tree.
 Decorating was definitely so much fun. I will never forget setting up our first tree as a family. And although I am sad that this year our halls will go undecked, I am blessed to have my niece visiting, she won't stay small forever and I would rather spend all the quality time we can with her. I will also be spending quality time with my brother, since he leaves for basic in less than a month.  I hope your holiday season is going well and even if your halls go undecked, remember what this holiday really is about,the birth of our Lord!

No comments: